My husband is an Executive Chef and can cook circles around me, but when he tried my cherry pie a few weeks ago he was blown away. I was so excited that he loved it so much, I wanted to share with you.
I cheated and used a pre-made pie crust. Making crust can get messy, so this time I opted for the store bought. However, my filling is made from scratch and oh so yummy. 😊
For the crust, you will need two 9 inch pie crusts and a 1.5 inch star cookie cutter.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Baking time: 40 minutes
- 1.5 lbs of cherries, pitted
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tsp of almond extract
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 4 tbsp of cornstarch
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
4. Cover the 9 inch pie pan with baking spray. I used PAM baking spray.
5. Put one of the pie crust in the pan. I trimmed the sides and used the excess dough to cut out some of the stars.
6. Pour the pie filling into the pie pan.
8. Take some of the excess dough and make the braids. I made two braids. Take the remaining dough to cut out the stars. The star I used was 1.5 inches wide.
11. Let the pie cool and serve.
Hope you like the recipe! Until next time. Xoxo